What is James Hardie RAB Board?
RAB® Board is 6mm solid fibre cement pre cladding that is mostly used for commercial builds, and residential builds exposed to extra high (EH) wind zones. RAB Board has several key advantages over alternative products.
Benefits for the building owner and specifier:
- A more weather-tight building: RAB Board provides superior weather-tightness, because its water-repellant sealant stops moisture getting in, and the boards breathability properties allows moisture vapour to get out
- Made for extra high wind zones: RAB Board’s rigid air barrier equalises the air pressure inside the outer wall cavity, allowing your new building to stand up to extra high wind zones.
- A stronger building: RAB Board is made from solid fibre cement, adding strength to your building.
- Better sound proofing: RAB Board makes your building quieter because its rigid air barrier helps absorb unwanted noise.
- A longer lasting building: With its superior weather-tightness and added strength, RAB Board helps new builds to stand the test of time.
- Fire resistant: up to 60 minute fire resistance rating
- Peace of mind: RAB Board is BRANZ appraised with a 15 year warranty
Benefits for the builder and project manager
- Close in your site faster: Because RAB Board is solid and more weather-proof, you can close in your building faster and get to work on the inside. This can give you more flexibility with managing your build, and save you valuable time and cost on the job.
- Easy to install: RAB Board is easy to install. You simply
- Score it with a scoring knife
- Snap it with your hands
- Nail it into place with your nail gun
- Have a cuppa!
For best results, we recommend using Super-Stick Building Tape® by Marshall Innovations or 3M™All Weather Flashing Tape.
Key product specs:
Length: 2450mm or 3000 mm
Width: 1200 mm
How the technology works
Integral sealer on face and edges repels moisture rapidly and resists moisture penetration
Advanced technology allows water vapour to escape
Withstands wind pressures up to and including very high wind zones
Acts as temporary weather protection during construction process